Re: Another LILO problem

Hey, this really worked!  It's good to know that I won't have to take
apart my computer to get this working.  I've made a copy of the
lilo.conf file that I know works.  Thanks for everybody's replies!

Now I still seem to be having trouble with my hard disk.  When I didn't
touch the fdisk, and simply installed a 1GB partition, I didn't have any
trouble.  However, I would really like to be able to use the whole disk
for Linux.  I tried re-installing, and manually setting the cylinders to
1662 (which is correct), as opposed to 1024 (which is what fdisk
thought).  This allowed me to partition the disk the way I wanted, but
now I can't get it to boot.  Regardless of whether or not I use a boot
disk, it stops, saying "INIT: No inittab file found", and then asks for
a runlevel.  I'm not exactly sure what to enter here, so I tried 0, 1, 2
(in different boots), and each time it just locked up, saying "INIT: no
more processes left in this runlevel".  FWIW, the Win98 fdisk doesn't
seem to have any trouble with this task.  Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Jaron Abbott