DSL good enough to run a small server on?

My local phone company sends me ads every week for a dsl account and I'm
wondering if it is good enough to run a small server on since it is 24
hours direct connection and "50 times faster than 28k".

Something about the pricing and the offer make it seem too good to be true.
 I'm thinking maybe dsl only allows one connection through one dsl modem
instead of multiple connections that can be achieved through
server/hub/router.  I'm only guessing since I know nothing about dsl.

Are there manholes I need to watch out for? Should I instead get a 4-8 port
ethernet hub and digital lines and a partial t1 line whatever that is )I
know what t1 is I don't know what a _partial_ t1 line is). I read about
this at http://www.draper.net/RedHat-FAQ/DOCS/tips4.html

Thanks!

Andre'
p.s. I'm not trying to create dial up access, I simply want to provide
virtual domain web and ftp space to a targeted group of surfers via my
server.  Do I still need ports and hubs and routers for this?