At http://www.flux.org/linux/mooney.html I came across all these Howto's
for virtual hosting on apache:

. http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/ip-based.html
. http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html
. http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/IP-Alias.html
. http://www.apacheweek.com/features/vhost.html
. http://homepages.thespere.com/~dlp/TwoServers/
. http://www.nvg.ntnu.no/linux/HOWTO/WWW-HOWTO-7.html

Any idea if there is a good one-book resource for this that I can carry
around with me so I can figure out how to control such things as automated
new user validation and account setup, automated configuring and installing
standard cgi's to their cgi-bin, automated web space allocation/limits, etc
etc.?

I'd like to avoid having to manually create accounts for new users and
avoid having to manually edit, copy, and set file permissions to cgi's over
and over again each time a new account is created.  I'd rather this as well
as account creation/management be automated as well -- just like signing up
online for any paid ISP account.  Account validation and setup is automated
on geocities, hypermart.net, thegrid.net, etc etc.  I want to accomplish
the same.

Any ideas of a good resource?

Thanks!