Re: Xemacs Prcs problem (still persists)

Hi,

I think I figured out the problem. The culprit
seems to be in the file
/etc/emacs/site-start.d/50prcs.el in the
highlighted line

(if (string-match "^19." emacs-version) <<===
    (setq load-path (nconc load-path
                           (list (concat "/usr/share/"
                                         (symbol-name debian-emacs-flavor)
                                         "/site-lisp/prcs")))))

I commented this check out, and xemacs works fine.
I don't know whether this is kosher though.

Some helpful doc on how emacs starts up in
debian is in the file
/usr/doc/emacsen-common/debian-emacs-policy.gz

Thanks for your help and interest! Hope this is
useful!

--prashanth