Gateway/Slink Install

Hi:

 I am having trouble installing Slink ( using Linux Sytems Labs Cds )
 on a Gateway 3000: at one point in the installation it comes up with
 the message: failed to extract the floppy drivers. I have used the
 same cd tp install Linux on an SAG computer earlier, so I doubt
 that there is anything wrong with the cd. I boot up from a floppy
 rescue1440.bin disketter, and select the cdrom as the medium to
 install from. I tried to copy the directory to a dos partition
 but here again it gives the same message.

 Any suggestion about how to proceed?

 Thanks.

 Sebastian Canagaratna
 Department of Chemistry