Re: rsync from a cron script

> I am running rsync from a script that is executed by cron.  It is
> intended to mirror work stuff at home.  It uses my personal accounts on
> both ends (different accounts).
>
> Sadly, rsync returns the following error (and doesn't work :)
>
> Permission denied
> unexpected EOF in read_timeout

i've gotten this for two reasons.  rsync is in a place on the remote server
which isn't in the path (unlikely to be an issue with debian), or your ssh
isn't setup to work passwordless for the user that the script is running as.

you're script sounds similar to one i use to sync my passwd/shadow/group
files between servers and it works fine (though i mostly run it by hand not
from cron).

i would check to make sure that whatever requirements exist for you're
passwordless ssh (~/.shosts, ssh-agent etc) are setup and working for the
user that the cronjob runs as.

sorry i can't be more help.

adam.