rsync from a cron script

I am running rsync from a script that is executed by cron.  It is
intended to mirror work stuff at home.  It uses my personal accounts
on both ends (different accounts).

Sadly, rsync returns the following error (and doesn't work :)

Permission denied
unexpected EOF in read_timeout

Here's what I've tried:
The script works when executed "by hand"
I have included the command "ssh remotehost date" in order to test
	that ssh is working from the script (it is) -- yes, I have
	RSYNC_RSH set to /usr/bin/rsync

The only thing I can think of is that some environment isn't being
set, but I can't figure out which one.

Any ideas?
					Thanks,
					 Michael
--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu