Re: Umax 1220S scanner and Linux

Hello!

On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 04:10:07PM +0200, Tadas wrote:
> Scanner UMAX Astra 1220S ...
> know, that SANE supports my scanner. I use SCSI adapter that came
> with scanner. Does Linux suppports this adapter?

I have the same Scanner.

I already had an Adaptec AHA-2920A, so I got the SCSI cable I needed and
connected it.

It worked like a charm!

SANE recognized it inmediately. I used xscanimage to scan images right away.
I also scan images into GIMP.

I don't know if the SCSI card that came with it will work. Maybe someone out
there has done this?

I am happy about this scanner, I decided to buy Umax since the SANE driver
for it is stable. Now I like the brand a lot.

Greetings,

Alexis Maldonado
Engineering College
University of Costa Rica