Re: Hylafax anyone?

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 01:03:41PM -0400, Felipe Alvarez Harnecker wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has setup hylafax with succes.
>
> The first thing i do is to run faxsetup but it gives a warning about
> the font metrics. Seen the bug database, hylafax-server has a lot of
> them.
>
> Please tell me your degree of succes in such a odisea.
>
> Im running Slink.

I am running potato, but possibly this will apply.

After some recent upgrades, I had what might be the same problem.
sendfax complained that it couldn't find a certain font.  It looks for
the font metric cob.afm in /usr/share/enscript, whereas this is actually
located in /usr/share/enscript/afm.  I created a symbolic link which
fixed the problem:

ln -s /usr/share/enscript/afm/cob.afm /usr/share/enscript/cob.afm

Later I looked at all the config files and I expect that changing the
AFMDIR line in /etc/hylafax/spool.fax would be the correct solution.

Bob