Re: dselect problem

Pollywog wrote:

> I ran dselect in order to add a few packages and to remove some I do not
> need, like CVS.  Now, dselect insists on removing some packages I never
> asked it to remove and the worst part is that I cannot seem to fix this
> with dselect by changing "remove" to "install".

After selecting what to remove, does a dependancy screen come up in
dselect? That might be what you are describing above, but can't tell for
sure.

You can circumvent the dependancy screen by typing Q (capitol Q) at the
main screen after selecting which packages you want removed. This will
tell deselect to bypass the dependancy screen.

--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu

Where do all the bits go when the computer is done with them?