Re: "httpd: cannot determine local host name"

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, [iso-8859-1] André Bell wrote:

> At 11:06 PM 8/15/99 -0700, André Bell wrote:
> >Apache tells me "httpd: cannot determine local host name. Use the
> >ServerName directive to set it manually."
> >[snip]
> The problem is I can't find that httpd.conf file. I've no idea where it
> resides on the drive to find out if the above is the correct info I need to
> type in the file to make apache work properly.

André

My http.conf is /etc/apache/http.conf, with examples in

/home/usr/doc/apache/examples/httpd.conf
/home/usr/doc/apache/examples/httpd.conf-dist-win.gz

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)