Re: Incremental writing to CD

Hallo Martin,

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Martin Oldfield wrote:

> I'd like to write data incrementally to a CD. In particular I'd like
> to be able to write some stuff, wait a few hours, then write some more
> and so on. At the end of the day the CD written must be readable on
> normal machines, so it's desirable that the data appear as an ISO-9660
> filesystem or similar.

I use do this regularly to create incremental backups on a RW-CD.
Cdrecord's README.multi provides all the answers.  I have seen however
that one of the versions I tried had the wrong file in the documentation.
I am using cdrecord 1.8a22.

You will probably have to write a script to combine all the steps referred
to in README.multi.

Enjoy it.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I
      do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."
                                          John 14:13