Problems compiling Citadel/UX

Hi,

I'm trying to compile Citadel/UX bbs software and have hit a snag.
At one point I get the following error message and the compile
stops (no errors or warnings up to this point):

[snip]
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c base64.c
base64.c:26: initializer element is not constant
base64.c:27: initializer element is not constant
make: *** [base64.o] Error 1

I haven't a clue what this means.  I know this isn't much info to
go on, but I can supply anything else that would help, if I know
what is needed.

Can somebody atleast give me an idea where to start looking?

TIA,
Mike

[Private mail welcome, but no need to CC: me on list replies.]
--
Michael Merten  <mikemerten@yahoo.com>
          ---> Debian GNU/Linux Fan -- http://www.debian.org