Re: Possible to connect win95 to linux using ethernet boards?

Well there is no doubt that both linux and windows use the same tcp/ip, the question
is just what you want to do?  you'll be able to use windows telnet and ftp to gain
access to your debian box (assuming you're running telnetd and ftpd) and if you get
ftp server software for windows you and ftp to the windows box.  I don't think that
samba will work over tcp/ip, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  But what exactly are
you trying to do?  Are you setting up a LAN?  Or are you trying to connect two
machines at different locations via the internet?

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu