Re: confusing X problem

Patrick Olson wrote:

[--------snip----------]

> The video card is a 2MB Diamond Viper Pro Video, and is a PCI card.  I
> have been trying to use the SVGA X server.

Um, I've got only good to say for the xserver that nvidia has released,
which your video card might like. I hear "diamond viper" so I'm guessing
a tnt chip. Beyond that, you really should have the specs of your
monitor handy, as that has always for me been the part that needed the
endless testing of capable modes. You can get that xserver at
www.nvidia.com if you're interested, btw.

|cheshire|