Re: gcc troubles again

:-> "Ben" == Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

    > Looks to me like you some sort of conflicting packages installed for gcc/egcs. What does
    > it say when you do `gcc --version'?

    > Ben

ik5pvx@penny:~ $ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-unknown-linux-gnulibc1/2.7.2.3/specs
gcc version 2.7.2.3
You have mail in /var/spool/mail/ik5pvx
ik5pvx@penny:~ $ gcc --version
2.7.2.3

root@penny:~ # dpkg -l *egc*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
pn  egcc            <none>         (no description available)
pn  egcs-docs       <none>         (no description available)
un  egcs-docs-ss    <none>         (no description available)

root@penny:~ # dpkg -l *gcc*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
hn  altgcc          <none>         (no description available)
pn  egcc            <none>         (no description available)
hi  gcc             2.95-3         The GNU C compiler.
ii  gcc-doc         2.95-3         Documentation for the GNU compilers (gcc, go
hn  gcc-docs        <none>         (no description available)
hn  gcc-i386-gnu    <none>         (no description available)
hn  gcc-m68k-linux  <none>         (no description available)
un  gcc-m68k-palmos <none>         (no description available)
pn  gcc272          <none>         (no description available)
pn  gcc272-docs     <none>         (no description available)
hn  gccchecker      <none>         (no description available)

I've completely deinstalled gcc/egcc when I first had these kind of
problems about one month ago, when I installed egcc-2.91 (or whatever
the previous version was)

Any hints ?

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  | mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
       ik5pvx        |         http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8999
  Firenze - Italia   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.2.10 #1 Tue Jun 15 21:03:12 CEST 1999 i586 unknown