[OT] Best sound card for Linux

I'm building another machine for someone and I need to know which
sound cards give good perfomance under Linux.

I used to have a SoundBlaster64 PCI in this machine, but the sound
output `broke up' under light CPU or disk activity. I swapped it
with a friend for an original SoundBlaster16 ISA card and it has
performed well since then.

Unfortunately, this model's not available anymore as far as I can
tell. Has anyone got a card they're happy with?
--
alisdair mcdiarmid                    alisdair@letdown.demon.co.uk
[if you see some guy spit on me knock him on the side of the head]