Re: Problems with X

On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 02:50:07AM +0100, Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:
> I've been fiddling with my XF86Config file to get the GLX module
> working properly, and I've obviously broken something, somewhere.
> I'm not sure if it's in the configuration file, but now X refuses
> to blank, suspend or switch off my monitor at all, and xdm pays no
> attention to its configuration files.

The xdm problem has been fixed - there was some problem with X
resources, solved by reinstalling cpp of all things. The guys on
IRC channel #debian were the ones who solved it - thanks
especially to dhd.

I still can't persuade my screen to blank though. The screen
section on my XF86Config does have the relevant settings -
BlankTime 0, SuspendTime 30, OffTime 60. I have xscreensaver
configured to kick in at 15 minutes, which it does, but it remains
on the display well past the hour mark.

It did used to work. What might I have broken that causes this
behaviour?
--
alisdair mcdiarmid                    alisdair@letdown.demon.co.uk
[if you see some guy spit on me knock him on the side of the head]