xemacs21 questions

Hi
I just installed xemacs21. It's still running together with xemacs20
untill it will work fine. (I Installed it because I hoped for some new
mule support which apperently isn't present yet).
Anyway, It doesn't recognise any languages.
When i open c/c++ or tex files for example, it doesn't know how to
highlight them. I get a mesage (which goes by to fast to read exactly)
which reads something like can't find c++ major mode

Also, how do i start deferent modes?
I ran into the x-symbols package for latex under xemacs and i was
wondering how to use it.

I also get a massage when it xemacs starts that it can't turn some font
strings to font struct.

thanx
michf@math.tau.ac.il