Re: please someone send me their working exim.conf for ppp?

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Britton wrote:

> I am getting a wierd error (SMTP 550) and I can't figure out what is
> causing it.  The really irritating thing is that I know I've had exim
> working correctly in the past, and I really hate not remembering what the
> deal was the first time and having to figure everything out all over
> again.  I would really appreciate it if someone could send me a copy of
> their exim.conf from their working system so I could poke through and
> compare.

Britton

If you get anything on the exim.conf file that you actually can hack
into submission, I'd appreciate your either sending it on to me or
posting it here. (preferably both:)

My problem is that my ISP requires the login name on the from:
address be that of the account at the ISP. My machine isn't named
the same as my ISP, and the account here is different too.

I'd like to be able to fire up PINE and press control-x to send, as
I can here on my machine at school. That involves setting the
visible (external) name but with smail, I just don't know how to do
that. I have heard it is possbile with exim.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.