Upgrading to potato ...

Hi

I have two machines. Machine A is connected to the internet and is
running slink and i want it to  continue running slink. Machine b is not
connected to the internet but i would like it to run potato.

My idea is to use A to upgrade B but i need your (the experts) advice on
the way i thought i could achieve this.

I though i could do the upgrade like this:
- run dpkg --get-selections > b.txt on B
- run dpkg --get-selections > a.txt on A
- run dpkg --set-selections < b.txt on A
- change A's apt's source.list to point to a potato mirror
- run apt-get dist-upgrade on A
- run apt-get update on A
- run apt-get -d upgrade on A
- copy the downloaded deb's to a couple of zip's
- change A's apt's source.list back to my original file
- run dpkg --set-selections < a.txt on A
- run apt-get update on A
- copy the zip's contents to some dir on B
- update B's apt's source.list to point to that directory (how do i do
this and do i need a packages file?)
- run apt-get upgrade-dist on b
- run apt-get update on b
- run apt-get upgrade on b

	Could this actually work, or would I hose both systems...

	Thanks
--
        Mario Filipe
        mjnf@uevora.pt