Copy, paste keys and clipboard like Mac/NeXT/WinNT

Hi

	For better or worse, over the last 15 years, I've become accustomed
to having a clipboard, with key combinations to access it.  I can deal with
Command-C, Ctrl-C, Alt-C, whatever.  But despite my most enthusiastic
efforts, I can't get used to the X-windows mouse-button paradigm.

	I run KDE on a hybrid slink/potato system.  Is there a way to get
the kind of copy/paste behavior I like between all the various types of X app
I run (editors, xterms, kvt, netscape, etc.), given that some have an Edit
menu and others do not?

	What would be really cool is if I could somehow map that useless
"Windows" key to this function.  I can no longer find a keyboard with a
decent touch and no "Windows" key!

		- Brian