Re: procmail question (was: looking for a mail client)

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 10:31:51PM +0200, Peter Palfrader aka Weasel wrote:
> I thank everybody for their great help.

> Is it possible to have it run automatically when new mail arrives
> without the need for every user to have his .forward set to
> |/usr/bin/procmail so only having a .procmailrc fur users that want it?

Most MTAs support the use of an external delivery agent - a program used
to perform the actual addition of the mail to the recipient mailbox.  If
you make procmail this program then the right thing should happen.

Unfortunately I don't have any examples handy...

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/