apache virtual hosting

Strange problem here. I just moved on of my machines at work to debian from
redhat. The apache server on that machine was doing virtual hosting of
several sites using the same IP via VirtualName directives. Worked very well
in fact. Now the debian apache will not do the same thing for some reason.
When you try and go to one of the virtual hosts you always end up looking at
the main page and not the virtual hosts page. I've even put the httpd.conf
and srm.conf files from the working redhat server in place with no luck.

Anyone run into this type thing before? Or know what I can look for. Could
very well be that I've goofed in the config somewhere and havn't found it yet.

--
Bill West
Conroe TX

finger wingman@synergy.linux-help.org for public pgp key