make slink SMP-clean?

Hello,

I've just installed slink on a dual P3 box, and all went smoothly. I
then fetched kernel sources and compiled a 2.2 SMP kernel and
installed that. Still everything smooth (except for some minor
no-brainers on my side). But now some commands, namely top and ps show
funny results like negative loads and such. Are there precompiled
packages somewhere to fix this or do I need to recompile the affected
programs?

kind regards,
--
Eberhard Burr    check http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Eberhard.Burr/publickey.asc
                 for PGP Key -- #include <stddisc.h> -- electric cookie follows