SB Live and SMP machines?

I got a SB Live sounds card for some reason (like there's a noticable
sound difference) and found a driver for it on creative's site.
Unfortunately, the module says it's for non-smp machines.  I'm putting
together a dual proc machine and was wondering if anyone has tried/gotten
the module to work on an smp machine?  Does anyone know why it wouldn't
work on an smp machine?  It doesn't make much sense to me for a module to
work on a one kernel build and not another.  Anyone have any words of
wisdom on this?

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."