Re: quick simple latex question

Quoting Shao Zhang (shao@linuxfreak.com):
> Hi,
> 	There is no latex errors. The file.tex compiled fine.
> 	When I view it using gv, it still displays as portrait.
> 	If I use gv -landscape, it changes the page size and then
> 	rotates my document 90 degrees...
>
> 	If I lpr -Pprinter file.ps, it comes out in portrait.

This prompts me to ask how you got from file.tex to file.ps.

I get the impression from the LaTeX Companion that portland
requires you to insert \special commands (after the \clearpage
commands) to turn the page.

I use lscape myself which works fine. It'll happily do A3
landscape too with dvips -t a3 -m -O and some offsets,
picking up the A3 from the manual feed tray.

> Michael Stenner [mstenner@phy.duke.edu] wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 08:34:55PM +1000, Shao Zhang wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > 	I just cannot find out how to set the a4paper to landscape.
> > > 	I use:
> > >
> > > 	\usepackage{portland}
> > >
> > > 	\begin{document}
> > > 	\landscape