Re: [Email Converter] Eudora 3.06 (Windows) to Linux ...

> I am using a Workstation on WfW 3.11 with my E-Mailer Eudora 3.06.
>
> Now I upgrade to a Debian 2.1 Workstation and I like to keep all
> E-Mails (around 300 MBytes) from my Windows Workstation.
>
> Disk space is no problem !!!
> What is with E-Mail clients which user compressed Mail-Folder ???

What's a user compressed Mail-folder ?
If you want to compressyour mail folders transparently, I recommend you
e2compr which is a kernel patch to allow compressing and uncompressing
files on the fly.

> OK, curently I have no XFree86 or anything else (only the base
> installation) and I do not know, which E-Mail program I can/must use.

Mutt !! It runs on the console and it's the best email client I've ever
seen. It's very powerful and configurable.

If you want a GUI-based email client, I recommend you Kmail. It's part of
the KDE suite - You must download it separatly at
ftp://kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde/debian

or add this line in your /etc/apt/source.list

deb ftp://kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde/debian slink kde kde contrib rkrusty
deb-src ftp://kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde/debian slink kde kde contrib rkrusty

> But I need a very good E-Mail client with the functionality of Eudora.

I don't know what functionality has Eudora but I'm sure mutt is as powerful
as Eudora. ( but not as intuitive)

> Note, that I like to install XFree86.

> But curently I get one million errors while installing !!!

You get errors while installing a DEB ?
Are u sure it's not dependency errors ?
If it's the case, install the missing packages and all will be OK.

> I am looking for a Mail-Folder converter.
Hmm.
I think you can install Netscape communicator (windows version) on your
Windows box. After that, you will be able to convert them into netscape
mail folders by going in the menu file / import... or something similar.

After that, you have just to convert the netscape mail folders into unix
 mailboxes, which is very simple because you have just to convert DOS text
into UNIX text with the command fromdos for ex. in the package sysutils.

--
|    .                               ICQ      : 25529539
|    | |\  | |  | \  /               AIM      : linhax
|___ | |  \| |__| /  \               IRC nick : linhax
Sami Dalouche : samid@ifrance.com    DHIS     : pingoo.dhis.org