Re: looking for a mail client

On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 07:18:25PM -0700, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> 	I stand corrected.  I was actually thinking of the mbox-hook,
> but that only processes messages /after/ they have been read.  Seems
> procmail would be the ticket for filtering large volumes of mail.

procmail also offers the following advantage:  since it processes each
message as it comes in, everything's ready when I sit down and type
"mutt" (or pine, or whatever).  In contrast, it's not much fun to
watch my mailreader choke on a couple thousand messages if I've been
away for a few days.

					-Michael

--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu