Re: gnome-apt

> Strange. This is all under the control of libapt-pkg which is also used by
> apt-get, so it should work if apt-get does. (Indeed, it sounds like it's
> working but thinks it has nothing to download or install.) What happens if
> you try to do the same actions with apt-get?

I tried "apt-get install bb" and then "apt-get remove bb". It worked.
Then I tried the same thing with gnome-apt.

For install gnome-apt wrote:
  Start
  Done file:/home/public/debian/ unstable/main bb 1.2-6
  Stop
but actually It didn't install anything.

I installed bb with "apt-get install bb" and tried to deinstall it
with gnome-apt:
  Start
  Stop
without doing anything

Update doesn't work either. In short words: apt-get works perfectly
but nothing works with gnome-apt  :(

It only shows the progress-window for about half a second but
does nothing.

I use potato and run an update every day. My /etc/apt/sources.list
seems to be correct since it works with apt.

Any Ideas?

Bernhard Rieder

--