Re: gnome-apt

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Bernhard Rieder wrote:
> Where do I get a working version gnome-apt ?
> Since about one month when selecting "Complete run" apt prints
>
> Start
> Stop
>
> to the console but does not do anything. It shows the progress
> window for about half a second so I can read nothing.

Strange. This is all under the control of libapt-pkg which is also used by
apt-get, so it should work if apt-get does. (Indeed, it sounds like it's
working but thinks it has nothing to download or install.) What happens if
you try to do the same actions with apt-get?

   - apt-get install foo is equivalent to marking a package for install,
     then "Complete Run"

   - apt-get dist-upgrade is equivalent to "Smart Mark Upgrades" then
     "Complete Run"

Havoc