Re: 56K internal modems

On  7 Aug, Salman Ahmed wrote:
  |  US Robotics does make a few internal hardware modems, but I think
  |  that all of their current and newer models are only PCI WinModems. I
  |  got bitten by a WinModem when I first bought my system a few months
  |  ago and had to buy a hardware modem.

I have an internal 56k PCI Fax/Data modem made by USR that is not a
WinModem.  This was purchased about 10 months ago.  Looking at VA
Research's custom workstation page, an internal 3com (aka USR) 56k PCI
fax-modem is available as an option. So, you should be able to find one
if that's what you want.
--

Eric G. Miller