News Server Configuration

When I installed I didn't enter a news server when prompted to. I
figured I'd be using Netscape to read news. I was wrong. I want
to try slrn, but now it craps out because it's looking for a
local news server.

Is there a special configuration command that I need to use.
Here's what I get in case you're interested:

  smaug:~$ slrn
  slrn 0.9.5.6 (May 25 1999 13:59:52)

  Reading startup file /etc/news/slrn.rc.
  Using newsrc file .jnewsrc for server news.smaug.com.Unable to
  open /home/mwagnon/.jnewsrc.  I will try .newsrc.

  Connecting to host news.smaug.com ...news.smaug.com: Unknown
  host.
  slrn fatal error:
  Failed to initialize server.

Which leaves me very sad.

Any ideas?

BTW, I ran slrn with the -h option and that got me on, but whatta
PITA.

TIA

--
                                     __   _