Re: Configuring a gateway

> It depends on what you mean by gateway.

   I would mean a litle router.
   I have two subnets: A and B. There's a machine that works as
gateway to both nets. Now I want to configure another machine to
serv as router to subnet B, while the first machine will continue
as gateway for subnet A and to this new machine.

> ipfwadm if you're running a 2.0.x kernel or ipchains if you're running a 2.2.x kernel.

   I'm using kernel 2.2.10.
   I compiled it and I've enabled the options about router in
configuration. Next, I installed the two ethernet adapters and
I configured both in /etc/init.d/network, establishing the respec-
tive parameters to ifconfig. I defined two IP's for the new machine,
one in the subnet it will route packets to and another in the subnet
that has the first machine as a gateway. Now, I'm in doubt about the
configuration of routed and any other detail about getting this
linux box working as a gateway.
   Thanks in advance.
--
Ivan J. Varzinczak - (mailto: ivan@inf.ufpr.br)
Bolsista PET/CAPES - Depto. de Informatica - UFPR

05-VIII-1999