Re: Configuring a gateway

> Ok, so if I'm getting this right you want both machines to serve as gateways between
> networks A and B? Of course I'm curious as to why you'd want such a thing if you already
> have a gateway. Or are you trying to do something like: routerA serves network A for packets
> destined for network B which the new router, routerB, will serve network B for packets
> destined for network B. Is that it?

   Humm, not   really.  In fact   I'm planning to  configure  this new
gateway in this manner:

   -+--+--+--+--+--[gateway B]------[gateway A]----------> Internet
    |  |  |  |  |       |
      domain of A       |
                   domain of B

   At a first glance, B is in the subnet of A. In fact this is
because we're planning  to replace A by  B in a  near future. So, I
only need B working as a gateway.

> linux to route packets. You do have to enable IP forwarding. This can be done with:
>     echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

   Is this the only thing that is necessary?

Ivan J. Varzinczak - (mailto: ivan@inf.ufpr.br)
Bolsista PET/CAPES - Depto. de Informatica - UFPR
Curitiba - Parana - Brasil
Phone: +55 (041) 347-3240 - 267-5244 r.315