Re: Exim and Mail Forwarding

Graham,

	You may recieve some better advice from someone else, but it seems
to me that you need to run DNS for your local network. The MX records for
the local domain would tell the respective mailservers which machine they
need to deliver external mail to. In the case of your  machines on your
local network, the MX records would be setup so that non-local users on
the local network would be delivered to the Exim server on the appropriate
machine on your local network. All internet mail (if originating from
machines other than your gateway machine) would have to be delivered first
to your gateway machine, which would relay it to wherever.

Regards,
Jor-el

PS. There are some additional complications that you will discover if you
are doing address rewriting. My research indicates that Exim is really a
poor fit for dialup machines. I will be switching to Postfix as soon as
the Debian package in Potato matures.

There's some entertainment value in watching people juggle nitroglycerin.
             -- Larry Wall in <199712041747.JAA18908@wall.org>