Re: libXpm.so.4

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, erasmo perez wrote:
> when i try to run netscape 4.61 [...] with debian 2.1 [...]
I had the same problem.
Kernel and XFree version is not important in solving this problem
Firstly, I tried to link all the /usr/X11R6/lib/libX* to /usr/lib
but executing 'netscape' was displaing Segmentation fault.

> i receive the following message:
> netscape: error in loading shared libraries
> libXpm.so.4: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory
The problem is you've dowloaded Netscape for libc5, I guess
All you have to do is to download Netscape for glibc2
from ftp.netscape.com (or a mirror), from directory
'/pub/communicator/english/4.61/unix/supported/linux20_glibc2'
> and in fact, i have no this library in my hd, so i can not meke the
> rigth link to this library
> where can i get this library?
The library should be in /usr/X11R6/lib
If you don't have this lib, you can download it from ftp.debian.org
or a nearest mirror (e.g. ftp://ftp.xx.debian.org, where xx is your
country code)

Pawel Mazur (Melyan)
melyan@xox.pl
ICQ #8096952