php3 -> mysql.so

On the stable version of debian, I've got php3 module loaded into apache.
That part works fine. I am trying to load modules into php though
specifically the mysql module. But they are not loading. Here is what is
in my /etc/php3/apache/php3.ini file. The two modules listed mysql.so and
calendar.so are located in /usr/lib/php3/apache and have permsisions 644

			Thanks for the help.
			Bob

extension_dir	=	/usr/lib/php3/apache		; directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside

; Dynamic Extensions ;
; if you wish to have an extension loaded automaticly, use the
; following syntax:  extension=modulename.extension
 extension=mysql.so
 extension=calendar.so