Re: Inport Mouse

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Terry Page wrote:

> I have been trying for weeks now to get my Microsoft Inport Mouse to work
> without success.
[...]
> Is there someone using a Microsoft Inport Mouse who can tell me their setup
> either.

 Oh, cripes. I just destroyed my setup. I reformatted the hard drives, to
give my old 486 to my neice. It has an Inport mouse, and I got it to work
with X.

 I know that what I did was get gpm to work with it (the console-mode
mouse demon), then use gpm -R (I think) to make gpm relay the mouse info
to X.

> I have changed the jumper setting on the card to 5...

 Well, I set mine to IRQ 4. (I had a sound card at 5). Aside from that,
that looks close to what I remember...

Sincerely,

Ray Ingles                 "...it's not a plain, ordinary steel nut: it's a
        (248) 377-7735      'hexiform rotatable surface compression unit',
                            which is why it cost $2,043 for just one..."
ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com  William Lutz, on Pentagonese, in _Doublespeak_