Re: Debian 2.%$#@*&!

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 19:43:57 -0700 (PDT) George Bonser
<grep@shorelink.com> writes:
>On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 maxalbert@juno.com wrote:
>
>> AAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhh!!!!  This @$#%^!*&@# system is driving me
crazy!!!  How does anybody ever get it to work? -- Max

>Is it plugged in? Is it turned on?

Hold on, lemme check.  ---------------------      Yup.

Btw, I've it seems that exim abhors a POP.  Even if fetchmail gets an
incoming message under POP, exim acts like it didn't get through, with
error messages announcing that the SMTP listener is grievously offended.
This is inconvenient, since my ISP sends by POP3.  After several hours of
trying various exim configurations, I replaced exim with smail, and the
problem went away.  Still won't do NNTP, however. No news is bad news.

I attempted to install Netscape4 (4.0-15) from my Debian 2.1 CD, using
dselect. Setup was unsuccessful.  During configuration it says:

ERROR:  The netscape archive must be in /tmp, owned by root, and under
    name matching one of the following:
          communicator*-v4*.x86-*-linux*glibc*.tar*
          navigator*-v4*.86-*-linux*glibc*.tar*

       Archive files can be found at netscape.com and its mirrors.

I tried connecting with netscape.com by ftp, and was refused.  At this
point I refer you to my previous e-mail.