RE: Anyone using an S3 Trio3D/2X graphic card ?

Check this for info on supported cards for X 3.3.3:
http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.3/README3.html

or for 3.3.4:
http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.4/README3.html

I think that at one time (6 weeks ago?) I tried to get this card working for a
friend, but I read the docs for the current (at the time) X versions, and that
card was not supported.  We swapped it with a Banshee 16MB, which worked fine.

Seems to be one of the only s3 cards that are not supported :(

On 28-Jul-99 Nuno Emanuel F. Carvalho wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I bougth recently a new computer with an S3Trio3D/2x graphic card:
>
>   Chip Type: S3LC2X
>   DAC Type: S3SDAC
>   Memory: 4MB
>
>  Unfortunally I only can get it to work with XF86_SVGA on 300x200
> resolution! ;(
>  It doesn't work with the XF86_S3 accelerator server.
>  At XFree86 official site they say that are working on that graphic card
> as well Savage.
>
>  I would like to know if someone have any graphic card like that working
> on Linux.
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  Best regards,
>    Nuno Carvalho