Re: C++ functions help

"J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)" wrote:
> If you want to have your C++ code portable to many systems and compiler
> versions, you have to be quite conservative in your choice of C++ subset.
> The mozilla folks have a writeup on this:
>         http://www.mozilla.org/docs/tplist/catBuild/portable-cpp.html
Hmm. This site looks like "dont use C++ use C instead". I don't think that
it is useful to write code the way any f*ing compiler can understand it.
In my opinion some Standards are holy (Amen). Use the C++ standard as
defined in the draft. All compilers will understand it sooner or (many of
them) later.  :(
No templates, namespaces, mutable, .....  not much left of C++
and the most common filename extension for C++ in UNIX is still cc.

The Link to  http://www.dinkumware.com/htm_cpl/ you supplied is fine.
Not as good as my book but very useful when I'm to lazy to stand up and
fetch it  ;)

Bernhard

--