Re: C++ functions help

On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 07:50:52PM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> Where can i find help for the c++ functions?
> exept for the info page on iostream i couldn't find any info on the other
> libraries or functions of c++.

C++ implementations vary greatly between platforms, and even
between different compilers on the same platform. One library
that seems to be present on some newer compilers is the
Standard Template Library (STL). Some information is available
through Yahoo:
http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Programming_Languages/
C_and_C__/C__/Class_Libraries/Standard_Template_Library__STL_/

Also, C functions can be used perfectly well in C++. Check
out the glibc2.1 info pages in the glibc-doc package.

A word of warning: In my (albeit limited) experience, C++ and
the STL has been more of a pain than a blessing. I wrote several
programs that used the STL for linked lists and sorting, and
found out that FreeBSD is not up to par with Linux in terms of
C++ compilers and lacked some STL features I needed,
 and ended up rewriting the programs in Python to get them to
port over cleanly.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com