Re: Problems encrypting with GnuPG and decrypting with PGP

On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 08:29:30PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > > You need libc6 2.1.x - or you can grab the sources and recompile using
> > > libc6 2.0.
> >
> > Thats what I did. However, the same problem also occurs on non-Debian
> > archictures that don't have glibc. signing works fine - it is just
> > encryption that I have problems with.
>
> I have encryption working fine with gpg and pgp 2.x - the options you need
> to use are:
>
> --set-filename --rfc1991 --load-extension idea --cipher-algo idea --armor
> --encrypt

I think I already have these options (not sure about --set-filename).
However, I have just realized that my problem only occurs when signing
and encrypting in the one operation. ie --encrypt works, but -se
(suggested method to sign and encrypt on --help page) doesn't.

Can you sign and encrypt and read the result with pgp?

> And you MUST NOT pipe the input to gpg - it must be given a filename on
> the command line.

This seems a bit weird, but I will take your word for it.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>