Re: Problems encrypting with GnuPG and decrypting with PGP

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 09:02:28PM +0200, J Horacio MG wrote:

> > Why does the following not work? If I don't get any reply from
> > debian-user, I will post to debian-devel, as I am reasonably certain I
> > got these packages from potato.
>
> I reported a bug a while ago about gpg-rsa2 and gpg-idea2, and the
> answer was:
>
> You need libc6 2.1.x - or you can grab the sources and recompile using
> libc6 2.0.

Thats what I did. However, the same problem also occurs on non-Debian
archictures that don't have glibc. signing works fine - it is just
encryption that I have problems with.

> So, instead I removed those two packages and installed gpg-rsa1 and
> gpg-idea1 instead.

So it would seem that version 2 of the above packages are broken unless
libc6 2.1.x is used (I am assuming it works - I haven't tested it).

Where can I get version 1 from?

--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>