dselect woes

  Hi all,
    Having just downloaded a user profile, dselect seems to hang just
 when it
 should be ready to install. Going through the options the install shows
 quick message I think is: cksum 5md. It flashes so fast and goes right
 back to
 the choice menu's so I'm not sure. TM for dselect begginers doesn't
list
 this error message, so after trying all the dselect options 3 times, I
 come
 to you for direction. Thanks to all. PS I think the installation is
 really getting
 smoother. Dean
 PPS: Don't know if this is anything but ppp.log had this message:
Cannot
 determine ethernet address for proxy ARP