Re: setting variables under an X11 session

Micha Feigin on Thu 29 Jul:
> How can i set an environment variable under an x11 session

If you set environment variables in your .xsession file they should be
inherited by the session and thence by any program it executes.

If you want environment variables to persist only for a specific
program, use a short script to set up the environment and then
exec the real program.  This can be made fairly transparent by putting
the script somewhere in your path before the real program, and giving it
the same filename.

Disclaimer: I am a Linux newbie, so this may be wrong and is
bound to be incomplete.

The Path mini-HOWTO (in /usr/doc/HOWTO if you have installed
doc-linux-text or doc-linux-html) gives, IMO, a helpful explanation of
environment variables in general, although it is focused on $PATH.

Hope this helps.

--

Brett

I already arch to run whenever corrupted?