sendmail/fetchmail how?

This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Joakim Svensson" <jocke1s@earthling.net>
Be sure to reply to that address.

Hi all,

Would appreciate some help with setting up my mail.
Here is the background:
Installed 2.1 from cd, just the 40Mb or so basic system.
Upgraded some things, such as X and some other stuff.
Added WM and blackbox netscape etc Still pretty clean
system.

Started playing around with different mail stuff and now I can't
really get it to work. I got my hands on the program
install-sendmail and have tried to use it to configure
sendmail and fetchmail but with no success.
The program ends like this

"Creating sendmail.mc: done
sh: sendmail.cf: Permission denied
Problem generating sendmail.cf
Creating sendmail.cf from sendmail.mc: $"

premature ? I don't know but nothing really works
anyway.

So could anyone give me some hints how to proceed?
I have a stand alone home machine.
A dialup internet provider with pop-account.
I will run mutt or pine (but I want netscape mail too).
All mail will initially be sent by and retrieved by my
main user account.
Other stuff concerning auto-dialup etc I haven't any clear
idea about. What is a good way for a home system ?

So If anyone could help me out here I would be very grateful.
I do not need to use sendmail/fetchmail btw So any other
good solution would be ok too.

Best Regards
Joakim Svensson

jocke1s@earthling.net