apt-get reports missing packages

After running apt-get update and apt-get upgrade I apt-get reports about
several packages the following eg.:

Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/dists/proposed-updates/gpc-doc_2.91.66-0slink2_all.deb
  Unable to fetch file, server said
'/debian/dists/dists/proposed-updates/gpc-doc_2.91.66-0slink2_all.deb: No
such file or directory  '

Why is the reference to the packages in the Package file but it is not
available?  It happened with at least three mirror sites.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then
      peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of
      mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without
      hypocrisy."     James 3:17