Re: Using apt with downloaded deb

On 26 Jul, Brad wrote:
  |  On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Tiago Alves Macambira wrote:
  |
  |  > I've been trying to install debian 2.1 but not I??m not being very lucky.
  |
  |  Just out of curiousity, what's up with the apostrophies in this message?

I saw somewhere that this is caused by some forms of M$ software where
they made up their own character encoding order.  You'll see this from
time to time on websites too.  Apparently if you have such an offending
system, you'll see those "?" displayed as "'", so all appears in order.
--

Eric G. Miller